Moving can be a lengthy, frustrating, and expensive process, so we have provided some moving tips to help make your move quicker, easier, and hopefully less expensive. Following these guidelines can greatly improve your moving experience.
1. FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS: Tell everyone about your move; tell your friends, your neighbors, your family, and anyone that will listen. If you enlist as much help as possible, your move will go much more smoothly. Plus,
your acquaintances will probably accept soda and pizza as payment! This can save a bundle on expensive movers. Even if someone can volunteer to watch your young children, they can save you a lot of stress.
2. MOVERS: If you have a lot of expensive furniture or just a lot of really heavy furniture, you may find yourself in need of movers. You may not want to go with the least expensive movers. You should make sure that they
are insured and bonded to protect your items. Ask around to be sure that they have a good reputation in your community. Ask your movers about what type of services they provide. Most movers will wrap your furniture, glass counter tops, mirrors, and wooden furniture to protect them from scratches.
3. PACKING: Make a packing list. Inventory everything that you pack and do it all room by room. If you color coordinate your boxes by room or simply mark them in an easily accessible spot, it will be easier to
set up your rooms. Packing up room by room can make unpacking easier. You will be able to put boxes right in their places. You won’t have to deal with the guesswork involved with anonymous boxes.
4. SURVIVAL KIT: Pack a survival kit, so when you arrive at your new house, you will have your toiletries, towels, blankets, flashlights, easily accessible. And don't forget your furry friends! You may want
to have quick and easy access to their favorite toys to help them feel comfortable in their new setting. Having quick access to these items can help make the first night special. Ordering out Chinese food or pizza accompanied with candles and music can really help you de-stress and unwind after a long day of moving.
5. FURNITURE FIRST: Lastly, be sure to put all the furniture where you want it first, and then move on to unpacking your smaller, personal items. By using the Function Before Form Rule, you can stay organized and be sure to put everything where it belongs
and you won’t have to continue to move your items time after time if you know exactly where you want to put them.
We hope that these moving tips are helpful for you, and we hope that you will ask us any further questions that you have to help make your move easier on you physically and mentally. Short of moving your items for you, we will certainly help you with everything that we can.